Call 352-775-0080 today and see how St. Luke’s can meet your vision goals.
How far would you go to find the most experienced cataract surgical institute for your eyes? What if we told you it’s right here? For more than 50 years, St. Luke’s Cataract & Laser Institute has earned a world class reputation in cataract treatment. Cataract surgeon Michael Mequio has now joined Dr. Kimberly Ireland at The Villages and is now accepting patients at our newest location in Brownwood. Life Changing Vision is now at St. Luke’s in Lake Sumter Landing and in Brownwood.
Life Changing Vision
A better quality of vision means a better quality of life for our patients. Our history of innovation, thoughtful adoption of new technologies, and unsurpassed commitment to care truly gives our patients the best opportunity to achieve their vision goals. St. Luke’s has some of the most experienced cataract surgeons in the world. You’re in great hands here.
Cataracts are one of the most common eye conditions treated by ophthalmologists and usually occur as part of the normal aging process. St. Luke’s surgeons have been trailblazers in the innovations that make cataract surgery one of the safest and most regularly performed surgeries in the United States.
7 Important Cataract Surgery Facts:
- Early symptoms of cataracts include blurred vision, glare, and difficulty reading.
- Cataracts will affect most people and become more prominent as we age.
- Cataracts can be diagnosed when the doctor examines the eyes with specialized viewing instruments.
- The decision to proceed with cataract surgery is primarily based on the amount of difficulty you have performing your routine daily activities.
- Treatment for cataracts is surgical removal of the cataract with implantation of an artificial lens.
- There are a variety of intraocular lens types that can restore vision in different ways.
- Cataract surgery is a safe and effective way to restore vision with serious complications being unusual.
Complete the form or call to schedule an appointment at one of our two convenient locations.
LAKE SUMTER LANDING
1050 Old Camp Road, Bldg #230 | The Villages, FL 32162
Phone: 352-350-8484 Fax: 352-751-9850
2955 Brownwood Blvd. Suite 303 | The Villages, FL 32163